11/09/2010

Taking a Day Off (Of NaNo)

Yesterday and today, for me have been days of relative inactivity. I did absolutely no work on Shades of Change, and I don't feel the least bit upset about it. Why? Because as I said two days ago, NaNo isn't about word count goals, self-imposed or otherwise. It's about writing a novel. And if that novel ends up taking just a bit longer than a month? So be it. That's the way of the world regardless.

But in my case, I don't think I should have that much of a problem, I must say. But, unfortunately the same thing can't be said for others in the great writing marathon. So, here's my NaNoWriMo advice for this post: take a day off that you yourself have a control on the reason 'why'. Writing doesn't have to be a stressful endeavor, but often day to day life seems to get in the way and makes it so. So take a day off and remember why you enjoy to write.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder!

    Although I have to say I'd probably feel a lot better about taking a day off if my word count looked more like yours and less like mine... =)

    ReplyDelete