11/11/2010

On Why Sleeping is A Fairly Important Thing

Hey, everyone.

We're nearing the halfway point of the entire National Novel Writing Month thing and I must say that I've run into a bit of a trouble spot. It isn't with the material I'm writing, or even the Week Two disease. No, I'm suffering from the rare disorder of Really Strange Sleep Schedule.

Now, this sort of thing isn't exactly a rare occurrence with me, but I rather hoped that it wouldn't show it's ugly face during the month of November. It's not the hardest thing to overcome, but it definitely interferes with my writing time, and that is NOT a good thing. I said two days ago that sometimes a day off can get you re-focused on your novel and your writing, but I suppose those days off that I took didn't help me much.

Anyway, to keep from rambling, I've decided to finally disregard my 5k a day regimen (as if that wasn't quite apparent already), and have started striving only for the 1.6k that serves as the original daily requirement. If I happen to write more, then so be it. If not, eh, at least I have that massive buffer. I intend to keep writing until I can't write any more while in keeping with the story, so it's rather safe to say that Shades of Change will be totally complete by the end of November. Minus major edits, of course. This year's goal (as seen on my "Projects Listing" page) was 50-75k, and so long as I keep up the current pace, I'll probably end up over a hundred thousand. And again, if not, well, 75 shouldn't be a difficult number to obtain.

But to keep with the title of this update, I reiterate: sleeping is a good practice. Try not to lose TOO much over NaNo. Unless you are like me and suffer frequently from RSSS. In that case, write when you can while you're awake. My next update will most likely include another excerpt from the novel, if I can decide on what I want to share with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment