10/31/2010

T-Minus Eight Hours, and Counting

I've mentioned before that time seems to slow considerably when you're anticipating something, and it couldn't be more true now. With just about eight hours until the grand event, and Halloween festivities providing a buffer between now and then, I don't see things moving much more quickly, either. But, that's all well and good, though. You see, these last few hours are providing me some valuable insight time to make sure that my story will play out as I've planned (maybe not, depending on what little plot bunnies discover themselves during my frenzied writing over the next month). Characters are solidifying themselves and others are discovering their wants and needs. Motives swim in and out as they see fit. In other words, my mind is abuzz with the symphony of the not-too-distant plot, looking forward to it's release into the world.

Around the world, NaNo is starting, and the only thing to do now is wait for it to reach the east coast. Midnight tonight will be filled with the sounds of keys being struck with a pace yet unseen this year. Happy NaNo, everyone, and good luck.

1 comment: