10/06/2010

On Being Sick, Among Other Things

So I sat here last night, thinking about what I should post to the blog in order to keep it up to date and all that. Needless to say, I drew a blank. And honestly, I'm still not sure what I should be talking about. I've mentioned NaNo this week, I've said pretty much everything that's even relatively important, and I'm left with nothing to really talk about. But that won't stop me from finding something, damn it.

I've recently come down with something that's causing me to cough mercilessly, and I can't stand it. Being sick sucks. Like, really. Not only do I have to contend with being an asthmatic, but now this. Argh. Oh well. Not much I can really do about it with me out of state for the rest of the week. Just gotta keep munching on those cough drops and hoping Robitussin will do the rest of the job.

Anyway, in creative news, I've worked a little on a new chapter of that long-neglected Warcraft fanfiction of mine, and sent what I wrote off to my co-author for him to finagle something respectable out of it, so now I wait for the return of my chapter so that I can put some finishing touches on it and post it up on the site.

For NaNo, October is definitely in full swing now, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about my novel's plot and how I can still make it better, even with only weeks before everything becomes a blur of caffeine and furious typing. For instance, my villains need a LOT of background work to get done before I'm truly happy with them. I've already gotten one's ambitions and such out of the way, but the other is still just that shadowy being in the corner, per se. When I get back home, I'll have to see what I can add to my notes about it.

And, for my project after NaNo, I still haven't been able to put thoughts on to paper (or screen, if you will), so that's still a far-off notion. Which is interesting, because I'm really into how it's fleshing itself out. I suppose I should let it do just that; let it work on itself. When it's ready, it'll let me know. I can't wait to start working on it, though.

With that, I've run the well dry, so if there is indeed anyone reading out there, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment