10/22/2010

NaNoWriMo Countdown: 10 Days

Okay, so first off, apologies. I know I said that I'd make up for the lack of short story two days ago with a double story yesterday. That obviously didn't happen, but I have excuses reasons on the 'why'.

It's been... a rather rough week to be honest. Finally getting over a double dose of the common cold, catching some strain of Strep, going to Maryland for the weekend, and having an unexpectedly busy schedule are some of the things giving me trouble. Not even mentioning the small writer's block I'm getting when I try to think about continuing on with the short that I posted on Tuesday.

So, in lieu of doing my 12 for 12 challenge this year, I will at the very least post up some posts for the days leading up to the big event. If the post just so happens to contain a short story, then it's a win-win, right? Next year, I will rehash the challenge (with some revised rules), and perhaps even complete it!

In NaNo-news, I'm finally just about done with plotting my novel for this year and I just can't wait to finally get started. It seems, now that I really think about it, that the rest of this year just happened so quickly and yet now that November's rolling around, the world decides to slow down and make it take forever to finally arrive. Funny how that works. Anyway, I've accepted some of those fun word-count-on-the-first-day challenges. Most notably the 5k in a day challenge. Which, honestly, I don't think I'll have an issue with, and might just roll into the 10k/first day challenge. But, that also means that while I'm busy writing my novel, I may or may not have a blog post for everyone. Perhaps once I'm satisfied with my progress for the day, I'll come here and sum up the day's fun little plot bunnies, and of course, update with my word count. Just thinking about the fun I'll have wrecking my novel's setting makes me want to get writing. November just can't come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment